i actually had this conversation today
"I’m going on an adventure!"
"No you aren’t, come eat your fruit."
Pandas are unreal, so fluffy
GO WATCH THIS SHOW, HONESTLY IT IS SO AMAZING.
IF THIS POST CREATES 1 NEW PUSHING DAISIES FAN MY LIFE = MADE.
Alright let me help out then:
1) Most of the cast is female. In fact only two main characters are male.
2) Both male characters take typically non-masculine hobbies. Emerson Cod knits almost non-stop and makes pop-up books. Ned is literally called “The Pie-Maker” because he bakes homestyle pies from his mother’s method. Both are shown to be very nurturing and even maternal characters. Conversely, the women? A pair of professional travelling show performers that have gritty sexual scandals the way men usually get (see the entire “Chuck’s father” storylines), a beekeeper who is the single most positive and optimistic character imaginable, and a former professional jockey- Three of four pro athletes.
3) You could very easily make the claim Ned is asexual.
4) Yes, the storyline is about romance. But it’s also about the positive side of a love story, and their only drama lies in overcoming their inability to actually share contact.
5) A very good friend of mine recommended this show to me as “Disney for adults.” I told her it was already on my list to watch because “It’s by Bryan Fuller, from Wonderfalls and Dead Like Me.” Bryan Fuller is now most known for “Hannibal.” The same camera methods and bright colours and lighting techniques Hannibal is known for? Perfected in this show, just using a different tone- The same colour methods in reverse, upping the vivid greens and yellows instead of reds and blues, which sells emotion both ways.
7) Probably one of the best examples of a modern day fairy tale possible.
8) Narrated by Jim Dale- The narrator for the HP audio books.
I don’t know if anyone’s already added links to this, but all of these here work and if you hover over the links, an episode description shows :)
I LOVED THIS SHOW OH MY GOD THANK YOU <33
This show is actually in my top 5. It was a sad day when it got cancelled.
I’ll check it out.
This seems like something I will adore.
#HE PILOTED HIS JAEGER SOLO YOU GUYS #IT WAS MEANT TO BE A TWO-TEAM JAEGER BUT HE WAS FORCED TO PILOT IT SOLO IN ORDER TO SURVIVE #THIS CONTINUES TO BE ONE OF THE THINGS THAT BLOWS MY MIND THE MOST IN THIS FILM #aside from the giant monsters and giant robots and the awesomeness that is Mako Mori i mean
This is why reviewers saying Raleigh was such a boring or cliched character killed me. Aside from the fact that his behavior as a man later on was so the OPPOSITE of cliched, people seem to fail to recognize what an utter bad ass Raleigh was. The only other single operation pilot ever was Stacker, who OOZES command and power and authority. Stacker was hardcore military. You EXPECT Stacker to be able to do something impossible like this. But Stacker drops a hint about what piloting alone is though. He talks about how he burned in there for hours. We don’t know how long Raleigh was in there. It was significant though, considering he had to get Gipsy operational to move to land. And she was disabled, so he was going slow. Here’s this kid from the sticks of Alaska, the co-pilot who WASN’T a natural, who just lost his brother, who just had his only family member ripped from his mind (something Stacker didn’t have even though he was in the jaeger longer), who was beat up and injured and BURNING for who knows how long. This kid had the force of will and sense of survival to pilot that jaeger back to land by himself with it broken. The suit literally melted on him and branded half his body. Yet he’s still functional at least for a little bit after he crashes. This was something of a nobody pilot who just did something impossible because deep down Raleigh Becket is the baddest of bad asses. Stacker and Mako and the other jaeger pilots wear their competence and badassery on their sleeve. Raleigh, even with his swagger, never quite does, yet he’s just as effective. There’s not an ounce of quit in him, yet he’s not some rodeo cowboy.
Don’t you dare tell me Raleigh is a cliched, standard hero. Because one of his defining features is that he was always normal and never becomes NOT normal, just with a force of will that singlehandedly controlled a metal monster he was never supposed to have to pilot alone.
THIS. OH MY GOD, ALL OF THIS, SERIOUSLY, IF I COULD BE A FRACTION AS STRONG AS RALEIGH BECKETT, I WOULD BE THE HAPPIEST BUNNY.
Also pointing out that Raleigh piloted Gipsy solo for at least an hour or two because look at the time in which he crashed back onto shore. The sun is up to the point that dawn has at least passed. He and Yancy were out there fighting in the middle of the night.
Raleigh is so damn great. He and Stacker both. That neural overload has killed others before and they did it for hours alone…
Don’t knock these two, I will fight you.
In case you wanted to cry more— what were the first words we heard once he stumbled out of Gipsy’s wreckage?
He was stuck in a death machine for hours, feeling his senses corrode the longer he spent trudging towards the shore, and the only thing going through is mind was his brother. Look at the way he glances downwards at his wound— he barely realized he was hurt, and that was only because he was finally out on his feet in a familiar environment. Even if he did push forward, his mind was still shredded from the incident. He’s looking around as if he’s lost, because he is. There’s no one walking along the shore to him, no one wearing white armor. Raleigh’s mind spent hours trapped in the moment when Yancy was torn away from him, and he can’t hear anyone else because the loudest thing he can hear is the silence.
scoots in to add on the fact that kaiju battles most likely lasted for a few hours, as seen when otachi and leatherback are taken down. raleigh and yancy were deployed at 2:00 AM, and the estimated sunrise for anchorage on february 29, 2020 is 8:01 AM. since the sun was high enough in the sky that it was bright out, it was probably more around 10:00 AM or later, which means that raleigh was piloting alone for somewhere around 6-7 hours while having yancy’s thoughts and pain and voice and ‘raleigh listen to me’ never finished in his head.
friendly reminder that stacker pentecost only piloted for three hours, as said by him, which yes, given the vast difference between the advancements in jaeger tech between coyote tango and gipsy danger, is a very long time, but it is still half (or less than half) of the time that raleigh piloted solo. and even then, tamsin wasn’t dead and instead was simply unconscious.
yancy though? yancy was dead mid-thought and raleigh becket has to deal with half of another person in his mind while dragging gipsy’s broken body back to the anchorge shore atop actively avoiding the metal-detecting grandfather and his grandson.
don’t even be talking shit about raleigh becket.
oh my god not only that but
what if their memories were reset to a point before they first died so they have no idea what actually happened
it’s just like
i could have made this really sad but i resisted i hope you’re happy